We know the current implementation of changes to curbside trash and recycling comes with some uncertainty and questions.
Please note that cart delivery will be completed the week of August 16, and the automated service will begin August 30. At this time we request that residents be patient as the new service gets under way as many questions will be answered through direct experience with the new carts and pickup.
On November 1, the Town will review the qualifying criteria for requesting additional carts and/or changes to cart sizes. Thank you.
Trash and Recycling carts will be delivered through Thursday this week.
The smaller 35 gallon trash carts are delayed by the manufacturer and are scheduled to be delivered next week. Those that opted for the 35 gallon trash carts will be receiving 65 gallon recycling carts, we are unable to provide smaller recycling containers than the 65 gallon carts.
The Alternate Trash Cart size form is below in the attachments.
New video from Casella!
The video is live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9K0kKFzDtI
See attachments on the bottom of the page for helpful information.
CARTS ARE HERE!
August 17th is the start day for the delivery of your carts, they will be delivered all week.
August 30th will start the automated pickup for the town.
Casella has added a Kensington area to their website! This area will stay updated with information for you and a video on the carts is coming soon.
These are a Few Highlights of the Program
- Casella will provide each resident one cart for trash and one cart for recycling.
- Casella will continue to pick up trash and recycle on a weekly basis every Monday.
- This program is more cost effective than the Town’s current manual mode of collection.
- Residents no longer have to worry about placing Town Stickers on trash bags.
- Town is eligible to apply for over $12,000.00 in grant funding to support the program.
- New carts will keep trash and recycling contained more effectively and reduce trash/recycling from being blown around.
Trash and recycling collection occurs weekly on Monday.
Here is the holiday schedule for the year after the new automated service begins:
Please continue to watch for postings on the town website and the town Facebook page.
Bulk Items can be disposed of at Raymond Transfer station. https://www.town.kensington.nh.us/about-town/pages/trash-and-recycling