TOWN CLERK JOB OPEN-
Town of Kensington has an immediate opening in The Town Clerks office for the position of Town Clerk. The applicant must be a resident of Kensington. This position is part time, and no benefits offered. Basic computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel is required and must work independently. You must be professional, trustworthy, dependable and flexible. We offer off site and on site paid training. Please contact Kathleen Felch to set up an interview at 603-772-5423x3.
The Town Clerk performs a variety of administrative duties for the town and state. Computes and collects fees for motor vehicle registrations for the town and also is certified to do the same for the state. Issues other licenses and collects other fees for the Town as determined by the State Law and Local policy. Prepares bank deposits for the Town and the State, participates in responsible record-keeping of activities of the Town.
• Serves as motor vehicle registration agent for the Town; computes individual fees; assists in processing motor vehicle titles and registrations; processes new registrations, transfers, and renewals; issues decals, license plates, titles, and State applications; processes mailed-in and e-mailed renewal registrations; assists in the accounting and collection of fees for motor vehicle registrations; FAXES weekly deposits to the Department of Motor Vehicles. Enters automobile registrations into computer daily; files title applications.
• Is able to prepare the end of day report for the State and Town.
• Is able to prepare daily bank deposits.
• Files municipal copies of Motor Vehicle Registration, title applications, dog licenses, proof of residency and other documents.
• Assists in issuing dog licenses; collects and records fees; updates dog information in computer. Mails out New Dog Notices and Dog Licensing Reminders; processes mailed-in dog licenses. Creates Warrant for unlicensed dogs yearly.
• Processes marriage licenses and issuing certified copies of marriage licenses.
• Counts ballots for the election, and all aspects of elections including timely posting of the elections and minutes of the Deliberative session.
•Must maintain all town documents in a timely fashion. Including town election results, Dredge and Fill applications, pole licenses, UCC research, swearing in board members and town officials.
•Maintain appropriate oversight of Deputy Town Clerk, including training and answering general questions as needed.
A Town of Kensington, NH employment application and complete job description are available on the Town’s website at www.town.kensington.nh.us under the Town Clerk page. Applicants may also email us to receive application materials at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates contacted for interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore, interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Closing date is June 18, 2018 at 1:00pm.
A completed Town of Kensington Employment Application is REQUIRED. Submit application to Assessor’s Office, 95 Amesbury Road, Kensington, New Hampshire 03833, or email scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New - Online Services
In a move to offer citizens a faster, more convenient system to renew their vehicles’ registrations, The Town of Kensington, New Hampshire has implemented E-Reg, an online renewal system developed by Interware Development Company, Inc. (IDC) of Mont Vernon, New Hampshire.
|Carol Beers-Witherell||Deputy Town Clerk|